Woman accused of killing Kim Jong Nam freed after two years

Woman accused of killing Kim Jong Nam freed after two years

Woman accused of killing Kim Jong Nam freed after two years

Siti Aisyah flew back to Jakarta on Monday, accompanied by Indonesian Law Minister Yasonna H. Laoly.

The High Court judge discharged Aisyah without an acquittal after prosecutors applied to drop the murder charge against her.

Seng added there was no direct evidence from CCTV recordings that Aisyah had slipped Kim the nerve agent. The Indonesian woman arrested in the murder, Siti Aisyah, told investigators she thought she was just participating in a TV show prank.

When handing Aisyah over to her family, Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said the government worked to ensure she received a fair trial.

"I would like to thank our President, Bapak Jokowi and the minister who struggled to help me until I am now in Indonesia, and also thanks a lot to media support", said Aisyah. He said his team would request the withdrawal of the charge against her.

Indonesia's government lobbied repeatedly for Ms. Aisyah's release.

"It was the support of my family - my mother, my father - and the embassy, that kept me going".

"We are investigating this incident at all angles including it being the work of mischievous youths", he said.

Reports of her release spread quickly in her hometown of Sindangsari on Java island.

"We've heard the news and we're so happy. We're getting a celebration ready!" her aunt, Darmi, told Agence France-Presse. He speculated that the prosecution had determined that it could not prove the charges against his client.

Читайте также: Raheem Sterling desperate for more silverware as Manchester City chase the quadruple

In the letter, a copy of which was provided to the press, the office contended that Aisyah was misled into thinking that she had been performing for a reality show and she had no intention of killing Kim Jong Nam. Kim Jong Un was viewed by many at the time as a calculating and ruthless leader shrouded in mystery. "What was purely found was traces of the degrading product of VX", he said, referring to traces of the banned nerve agent found on Siti Aisyah's clothes.

The country's attorney general reportedly said good relations between Indonesia and Malaysia were partially responsible for the decision.

Huong remains on trial at the court in Shah Alam and is set to give her first testimony in the coming days.

Vietnam generally does not get publicly involved in individual criminal cases overseas, and foreign affairs officials did not respond to AFP's request for comment Monday.

Salim Bashir, one of Huong's lawyers, earlier told the media that she will testify with the defense stage of proceedings.

Hundreds of local media personnel had been awaiting her arrival from 3 pm, the decision by Justice Datuk Azmi Ariffin on the case was being widely broadcast.

The trial is to start again on Thursday. The court said that the trial had already established a prima facie case and she could be recalled if fresh evidence emerges.

Siti Aisyah had been working as a masseuse in Kuala Lumpur, while Doan described herself as an entertainer. "I didn't expect it".

Meanwhile, Huong said she was shocked by the development.

Benah said she is unaware of what will happen next, but plans to "make sure that Siti will only work at home".

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Related news